Sunday, January 10, 2010

baby steps, right?

So, what did I do right yesterday? Not as much as I'd hoped I would.

*I ate breakfast (a banana). Usually I skip breakfast and start snacking on very unhealthy foods by late morning.

*Rich threw in some frozen pizzas for lunch...I ate about 2/3 as much as I usually do.

*I made this new bean and cheese chimichanga recipe last night (no, that's not the good news...they were incredibly fattening, though at least not deep-fried)...the good choice was stopping when I was full (oh okay, maybe it was a couple bites past full), even though I desperately wanted to keep eating! And I mean desperately.

Could have been better. Could have been worse. I really intended to do some stepping (just up and down on a little platform thingie--no fancy routine or anything)...but well, it's that blasted follow through thing you talked about Kara. :(

3 comments:

  1. Stopping when you're full is a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pushing back from the table is the best form of exercise there is, and you did do that, so huge pats on the back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eating breakfast really helps. I find I can usually hold off until lunch if I get something to eat early. It's just hard to do!

    I think that stopping at full is FABULOUS! If I could stop eating when I was full I would be a lot healthier than I am right now.

    We'll get there...one baby step at a time!

    ReplyDelete